Obtaining Your High School Transcripts

To obtain your real estate licence, you must provide RECA with proof that you have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.

Proof of Canadian Education includes one of the following:

  • High School Graduation transcript showing a graduation diploma was granted
  • High School Equivalency Graduation transcript if you did not complete your Canadian high school education
  • Post-Secondary transcript showing that a diploma or degree was granted
  • Transcript showing that you have successfully completed a minimum of three academic courses in a for-credit degree or diploma program from a Canadian university. The university must be a member of Universities Canada and the transcript must be signed by the Registrar or authority at the issuing institution.

How do I obtain a copy of my transcript?

Your official education transcript or education assessment must be mailed directly from the education institution or assessment service to RECA.

You can request a copy of your transcript from the following:

What if I completed my education outside of Canada?

If you completed your education outside of Canada, you must provide an assessed non-Canadian education transcript. The Education Assessment must be done by a member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC).

RECA does not accept the following as proof of education:

  • Trade or vocational designations, certificates, or diplomas
  • Apprenticeships or fast-tracked or condensed education programs
  • Professional or occupational memberships, certificates, or designations
  • Non-credit college or university courses, designations, certificates, or diplomas
Written by Lindsey Smith, CIR REALTY – Manager of Operations and Realtor Development

Lay the foundation of a strong career in real estate by attending our 6 week Bachelors program – take one course or all six – FREE for all industry members. Sign up here. 

Copywrite, CIR REALTY 2016 – All Rights Reserved